12.11.14

That League of Extraordinary Students

I was blown away by the herd of University of California students of which I got to be a part. In past classes, it always troubled me that so many students around me seemed ill-equipped to be in college or university. That was not the case in the Marine Biology and Terrestrial Ecology EAP this year. It is a privilege to call this talented, dedicated, conscientious, and intelligent group of student peers.

Thank you to Erin, Shira, Kimberly, Anna, Sami, Alissa, Selena, Jacqui, Jennifer, Corinne, Annie, Laurel, Arizona, Mia, Bianca, Alyssa, Daniela, Andrew, Leah, Mark, Tyler, Ryan, Ian, Max, Rodney, Jonathan, Kyle, Ryan, and Dan.

Dr. John would take group photos on our Terrestrial Ecology field trips. At the end, he gave them all to us. Here they are.

At Girraween National Park

All lined up according to roll, which was counted off from shortest to tallest (I was tallest at 30).

That rainy last day at Girraween, when I got my first sunburn.
At Lamington National Park:
With Mt. Warning in the background.
We were divided into three teams (alpha, delta, and omega) on this trip.

Α (Alissa, Dan, Corinne, Jonathan, Anna, Leah, Ian, Annie, Erin, and Selena)

Δ (Mia, Bianca, Kimberly, Andrew, Jenn, Ryan, Arizona, Kyle, me, and Alyssa)

Ω (Rodney, Daniela, Laurel, Jacqui, Sami, Shira, Max, Ryan, Mark, and Tyler)

After Lamington, there was a swim day at Burleigh Heads:


And then there was Carnarvon Gorge:
At the swimming hole.

Warrumbah Canyon

Warrumbah Canyon

The final day, Dr. John in front, beloved cycads in the back.

Thank you to all my new friends.

No comments: