22.4.20

Quarantine Art


This site has gone through multiple concepts and iterations. From its nascent form as a noise-collage and art receptacle as part of the Art Nausea/Ad Nauseam collective, to its repository of silly anecdotes and musings on life, to an inspirational/informational travel log for studying abroad, Randamnation has always been a creative outlet for the madness normally well-retained between my ears.

It has been quite some time since I documented anything on this site. In the midst of my vexations and fatique from grad school, the disruptive power of the COVID-19 pandemic, the subsequent quarantine and adaptation to location-limited life, I have wanted to renew the long-paused work I have done in collage art.

So, I hope to make it a regular habit to produce the strange, silly, and sad accretions I cut and paste out of the stacks of print materials at my disposal. Perhaps I might even post them here.

For example, some poor photos of works I did years ago. I cannot remember the titles, but they were made between 2015 and 2017 for group shows at the Beatnik Lounge in Joshua Tree.

Made for a show coinciding with a UFOlogist convention

Honestly wish I could remember the title or the show

More to follow...hopefully




No comments: