19.8.14

Off to the great no contact

We are up super early this morning to check out of the backpackers hotel here in Brisbane that has been our home since arrival.

Today, we head for Girraween National Park for our initial field trip of the program. People should be aware that I am not going to have any form of electronic communication for the remainder of the week.

When we get back, I will get to move in to my homestay arrangement, and that should be brilliant. It will be nice to get to know my hostess as well as settle into some form of stable residence for a while.

I will let you know if (like it is a remote impossibility) I see any amazing wildlife on this trek out to the bush. Hopefully my camera holds out for the length of time we are out there.

A note to future Matthew in a parallel time stream...bring extra batteries and memory cards for the camera.


No comments: